Who Is Jen Walker ?
Jen Walker has spent over 20 years in animal shelters, with strong emphasis on humane education, community outreach, and companion animal behavior. She is a Certified Dog Trainer with the Karen Pryor Academy and Family Paws Educator who is especially qualified in helping families with children and dogs. She has attended (and sometimes presented at) numerous conferences, workshops and seminars, and is deeply committed to continuing education for herself and others, including volunteer roles on nonprofit and advisory boards.
Jen has written for magazines such as Growing Up in Santa Cruz, Coastal Canine Magazine, and Spot. She also has done extensive public speaking before large public groups and on radio and television.
A Dedicated Professional
Jen holds the following certifications and professional memberships:
- CHES: Certified Humane Education Specialist, Humane Society of the United States
- CTC: Certificate in Training and Counseling, Jean Donaldson's Academy for Dog Trainers
- APHE: Association of Professional Humane Educators
- KPA CTP
- IAABC: International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- PPG: Pet Professionals Guild
Jen lives in Mount Vernon with two herding-dog mixes, a charming orange tabby, and a very tolerant husband.